- LIMITORQUE LHS-HYDRAULIC SCOTCH-YOKE ACTUATOR
- ACRODYNE, ACROMATIC ACTUATORS AND SOLENOIDS and SPECIAL FB-BALL VALVES
- DN225, DN300, Limitorque MX, AcroGears Bevel boxes and Acrodyne Extensions
- Australian Built Limitorque MX, Extensions and AVK Australia Valves
- ACRODYNE’S PORTABLE VALVE ACTUATOR
- Pneumatic Actuator and Control Valve Solution
UPGRADING AUSTRALIA’S OLDEST WATER SUPPLY
THIS TECHNICAL REFERENCE IS ACRODYNE’S INTERPRETATION OF THE PROJECT AND HAS NOT BEEN APPROVED BY THE END USER
Sector: Water & Waste Water
Category: Water Treatment
Products: Limitorque Electric Actuators
Acrodyne have recently been involved in a valve actuation upgrade at the treatment plant of Australia’s oldest water supply. The reservoir was built in 1857 and at the time of its completion it was the largest artificial reservoir in the world.
When the plant was built in 1993 it was supplied with over 60 Limitorque electric actuators, including the Limitorque LY to the Limitorque L120, but with the improvements in technology and process the plant looks to upgrade 20 of those original actuators with the next generation Limitorque MX and QX electric actuators. In recent times the actuator on the 1350mm main inlet butterfly valve was replaced with the Limitorque MX-10 electric actuator on an extension spindle driving a buried service gearbox to the valve. The inlet valve takes advantage of the actuator’s modulation control features that provide accuracy and control of the flow into the plant.