New from Acrodyne – Limitorque MXa now SIL3 Certified
The Limitorque MXa is now SIL certified by exida Certification Services to provide a level of systematic integrity up to SIL 3. The SIL 3 rating was obtained after passing rigorous failure mode effects design analysis (FMEDA) and total time in service tests. The SIL 3 capable rating provides customers reliable actuation in critical environments without compromising their Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS).
The MX is the Limitorque product entry in the non-intrusive, double-sealed, smart electronic actuator marketplace. Originally introduced to the market in 1997, the MX is built upon a wealth of experience and performance in the valve actuation industry. Having been readily accepted into all major market segments, including Power Generation, Oil & Gas, and Water/Waste Water Treatment, the MX can be found on all six habitable continents and has proven itself in the field as rigorous, reliable, and easy to use.
What sets the Limitorque multi-turn MX actuator apart is the combination of control and reliability facilitated by advanced Limitorque technology, plus superior ergonomics and human interfaces for speed, comfort, and ease of use. The Limitorque MX employs a graphical dot matrix display with local control switches to deliver instant, up-to-the-second actuator status and valve position in eleven languages. This interface also provides local actuator control as well as simple calibration and diagnostic information including motor voltage, identification, hardware and software data, and torque profile log reports.
The Limitorque MX electronic actuator is the platform for current and future network developments including Modbus DDC, Foundation Fieldbus H1, Profibus DP_V1, Profibus_ PA, and DeviceNet. Distinguishing itself from the competition, the Limitorque MX actuator features an absolute encoder which doesn’t require battery back-up and is designed with B.I.S.T. (Built In Self Test) capability for self-diagnosis. Additional features include LimiGard circuitry, which safeguards the actuator from spurious electro-magnetic interference, MX Quik, providing an uninterrupted power transfer option during main power losses, and Limitorque’s namesake feature – torque sensing.
- Redundant absolute encoder with B.I.S.T. – never needs batteries
- Graphical dot-matrix display allows 180-degree rotation of text, diagnostic graphs and supports 11 languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Malay, Mandarin, Katakana, and Turkish.
- Torque ranges from 27Nm. to 2,306Nm
- IP68 Submersion 15 metres for 96 hours
- Double-sealed terminal block compartment prevents moisture ingress into controls enclosure.
- Available with arctic temperature to -60°C & solid-state starter options.
- Optional Bluetooth® wireless connectivity with a range up to 10 meters. When used with Limitorque Dashboard™ Windows®-based software, diagnostic information is easily transferred to a PDA, laptop computer or cell phone.