- LIMITORQUE LHS-HYDRAULIC SCOTCH-YOKE ACTUATOR
- ACRODYNE, ACROMATIC ACTUATORS AND SOLENOIDS and SPECIAL FB-BALL VALVES
- DN225, DN300, Limitorque MX, AcroGears Bevel boxes and Acrodyne Extensions
- Australian Built Limitorque MX, Extensions and AVK Australia Valves
- ACRODYNE’S PORTABLE VALVE ACTUATOR
- Pneumatic Actuator and Control Valve Solution
Case Study – Critical Control Actuator Upgrade
Located North of Brisbane the Power Station is a 1600 megawatt facility and it is one of the largest power stations in Queensland. The plant primarily supplies power to domestic energy users along with various alumina, cement and gas processing facilities within the Gladstone region.
THIS TECHNICAL REFERENCE IS ACRODYNE’S INTERPRETATION OF THE PROJECT BUT IT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE END USER
Category: Coal Boiler Control
Products: Beck 11-309 Electric Actuators
The Power Station was experiencing challenges in better tuning their boilers. This was primarily attributed to the limited capability of the existing actuators.
Acrodyne was approached to offer an option to replace actuators on the following:
- ID Fans (Induced Draft)
- FD Fans (Forced Draft)
- PA Dampers (Primary Air)
- TC Dampers (Temperature Control)
Due to the critical nature of the control process, the Beck electric actuator with its well-earned reputation for superior control, reliability and outstanding low-maintenance durability was clearly the best solution for this application.
The Beck Group 11-309 and 22-409 were supplied and offers the following critical features:
- High precision and unbeatable reliability
- Unlimited duty cycle
- Capable of small incremental adjustments
The Beck Group 11 and Group 22 actuators provided the plant operators with the opportunity to tune the boiler much tighter, thus providing a more efficient energy production process. Acrodyne took a leading role in recommending equipment and installation detail by providing a packaged solution with full bracket mounting, linkage hardware and electrical loom plug connection. Acrodyne also supported the project with site commissioning during each of the six outages.
Now with the units installed and the after sales service and support of Acrodyne, the Power Station can enjoy the following benefits:
- Reduced emissions
- Exceptional accuracy and control
- Greater efficiency
- 3 year warranty
Products and Services Used
- Beck Group 11 Electric Actuator
- Acrodyne Sales and Service